Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beauty's First Field Trip




Beauty is the colt Fay got for $25, she's out of a mare he had for over six years. He loved Peppy and when three years ago she dropped her only colt at 20 years old. He had to have her.

I'm not sure we need another horse, I'm not sure we need to be training a new colt. But he can't be stopped and I love the way his face lights up when Beauty gets her lesson right.

She had her first trip off the place being ground driven today. She gets her hour lesson first thing in the morning before it heats up past bearing walking behind her. The pics are of Fay and Beauty, I took her down the street before he did but Fay got to be in the pics because I haven't given him lessons on how to operate my digital camera. Not sure he wants any. I think he's going to get some though.

I put the pics up backwards, the top one is the last one as she comes back in, her head down and relaxed, the middle one shows them coming back and the first one shows them moving in a left turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment